Wednesday 4 May 2011

That tricky first post in full

I am a twenty-something journalist in London who enjoys cycling rather a lot, and so I've started a blog about it to hopefully share some of this with you.

I'm not sure where this started. Well. Okay. That's a lie. I am ... but I'm going to save that for another time. The short version goes like this.

I've been riding some form of bike since I was given a tiny red Raleigh at the age of four, and to date I've gone through five machines, outgrown three, lost one bike to theft and two teeth to a hill in Richmond Park, which I think is a pretty clean record.

I've called this blog Moaning About Cycling with good reason. Lately, living in London, I've found a lot of wankers on the roads - bikers and drivers alike - and become quite outspoken when it comes to bike advocacy. There's a lot to get political about.

But I'm not out to be completely negative; cyclists may be a persecuted bunch but there's a lot to love about this pastime, and that's the main reason why I keep hitting the roads.

No comments:

Post a Comment